Tea Ceremony, Kimono Fitting and 2 hour Sightseeing Tour
Tour Code: ALT0017/ 5 hours
This is a great opportunity to experience the traditional Japanese tea ceremony, try Japanese Kimono and take a few pictures, then go explore and shop in Ginza in Kimono! The Japanese tea ceremony, also called the Way of Tea, is a Japanese cultural activity involving the ceremonial preparation and presentation of Matcha, powdered green tea. In Japanese, it is called Chanoyu or Sado, and it is much more than making and drinking of tea. It has evolved into a compilation of art forms in life, from aesthetic items such as china, architecture and garden to philosophical ideals and religion. In recent years, Matcha has reached yet another level of popularity when it is incorporated into sweets and soft drinks all over the world. In this tour, you will be ushered to a Tatami room, sit quietly to experience Zen calmness, and drink tea from a delicate china. Are you ready for the taste of quiet refinement and serenity?
After a brief moment of inner enlightenment, it is now time to enjoy material things by getting dolled-up and go shopping! Professional kimono dressers will help you put on kimono before going out to Ginza. After strolling around and taking a few snapshots in the world renowned fashion and cultural center in kimono, you will treasure this experience for years to come. It's time for you to enjoy two of the main Japanese cultural experience at first-hand in Ginza!
*During the "Tea Ceremony" portion of the tour, you will not just taste tea. You will take part in the tea making process from grinding tea leafs with stone to whisking powdered green tea.
-Tour subject to facility availability of tea ceremony and/or kimono shop (depending on schedule, there may not be any opening)
-At least 5 day advance reservation is required.
-Due to lack of parking nearby, a short walk (5-10 minutes) from your car to the facility is necessary.
Popular sightseeing spots after tea ceremony
- Shopping at Ginza
- Imperial Palace
- Kabuki theater
- Duration: hours
- Start Time: Anytime *We can customize the ideal itinerary for you.
- Pick-up & Drop-Off: We will pick you up at your hotel, airport, or home
- Language: Japanese, English
Departure: 10:00 am
Tour ends: 3:00 pm
- Pick-up at your hotel or anywhere within Tokyo's 23 wards.
- Tea Ceremony in Ginza
- Kimono Dressing
- Picture taking at Kabuki theater
- Semi Custom-made sightseeing trip in Tokyo (based on our recommendation, neighboring Ginza) or Shopping in Ginza (2 hours)
- Drop-off at your hotel within Tokyo's 23 wards.
Ginza is a district in Tokyo known for its high-end shopping and entertainment. It is home to many luxury brands such as Chanel, Dior, and Gucci. Ginza is also known for its architecture and has many buildings designed by famous architects such as Tadao Ando and Shigeru Ban.
The kimono is a traditional Japanese garment that has been worn for centuries. It is a wrapped-front garment with square sleeves and a rectangular body, and is worn left side wrapped over right. Kimonos are typically worn for special occasions such as weddings, tea ceremonies, and other formal events.
Type:Lexus LS500 Exe
Type:Mercedes Benz V220d
Chauffeur / English Speaker Guide
Our chauffeurs go through a rigorous selection process, and extensively trained on driving skills, Tokyo geography and history. They are energetic and passionate about their jobs, friendly and eager to please our customers. They are ready to go above and beyond to make your trip memorable and worthwhile, and often have a special (and pleasant) surprise for you and your guest. When you think about it, they are much more than a driver/tour guide. They are your personal concierge. Please join one of our tours, and we guarantee to deliver the best experience.
- Tour guide in English
- Free WiFi
- Bottled water & Snacks
- Take photos at the best spot
- Shopping accompanying
- Suggestion and reservation for your lunch spot
- Anniversary Gift*
Please request * items when you reserve this tour.
What's not Included
- Tolls & Parking fees
- Entrans fee
Terms and Conditions
- (the "Tours", hereunder)
The length and site coverage of the Tours is subject to change, based on traffic condition, parking availability and other unforeseen circumstances that are common to Tokyo metropolitan area, and/or unexpected conditions that prevents us to complete a tour in part or full.
- Your chauffeur may not be able to accompany you and your party to certain locations when a parking for a limousine is not readily available on site. In such situation, your chauffeur may choose to provide you with relevant information about sites inside a vehicle, and answer any questions you may have prior to your excursion on your own.
- The quoted price on the Tours don’t include tolls, parking fees and entrance fees, and meals.
- The Tours are subject to extra charge (usually 20% of the base price) in case of early morning and late night departure and/or arrival.
- Some tours may not be available on requested dates due to holiday schedule or a scheduled closure of business.
- Please inquire details when making a reservation.
- We reserve the right to assign a type of vehicle (Sedan, Minivan or Van) most suitable for your trip, based on the size of your party.
- Our tour images are for illustrative purposes only.
The following fees will apply to the cancellation.
- Less than 48 hours prior to the scheduled pick-up time (local time): 50% of Total Price
- Less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled pick-up time (local time): 100% of Total Price
Testimonialsfor Limo/Car service of Ouech
"We think Saya our driver was lovely - she wrote us a personal note and had beautifully put together snacks along with a personalized note to us neatly in the beautiful clean car."
"It was a very pleasant drive to Tokyo. Our driver Genyo was very friendly and helpful. We can recommend Outech Japan. "